Kauai’s best “local” places…
When you want to get to know a destination, seek out a true local. KauaiStyleConcierge.com. We live, work and thrive within the heart of our home in Hanalei. Our daily interactions with the best our island has to offer is unsurpassed. Our first hand wisdom and lifelong experiences comes from actually enjoying all the amazing places our home has to offer. From trends to traditions, we’ve savored and explored around our island and throughout the other hawaiian islands. If you are lookng for a great date night locale, a perfect beach to picnic or excercise away from the hordes, heres our list of best and favorite places that never miss a beat!
Best Food on Kauai
1)”Baracuda” in Hanalei town continues to dominate with contemporary faire unlike anywhere else on Kauai. Simply plated yet instantly delicious tapas served in a cozy open aire decor, this is our favorite place to bring our Hollywood friends and spontaneous date nights. The menu changes often and showcases farm to fork local organic ingredients expertly prepared. Smaller portions allow more choices and sharing is necessary and expected. The bistro style open kitchen and constant movement by staff and patrons creates a lively and positive experience. A MUST to try!!
2)”Dolphin” sushi bar is our favorite close to home tiny hole in the wall. The main Dolphin restaurant is extremely popular for its fresh fish and simple presentation and outdoor seating by the hanalei river BUT the sushi bar is where we sneak into. Always fresh off the boat fish and ast service, we dine here often. Go early, eat slow, and enjoy the warm mochi dessert!
3) “Pau Hana Pizza” Kilauea serves home made from scratch pizzas to delight the most hard core pizza lover. We always get the Pomodoro with artichoke and goat cheese, fresh basil tomato and olives. Smoked ono and parmesan, and others mouth watering choices abound. Best part is you can sip on wine n the court yard and the kids love to wander and pick flowers while waiting for their food.
4) “Palate” Wine Bar Kilauea is the new kid on the block. Smart and stylish, as if youre in a San Francisco eatery, this classic place has us hooked! Offering wonderful pairings of exceptional wines with pupu style food, we visit often and love to introduce our out of town guests to our neighborhood spot.
5) Haraguchi “Taro” Truck Hanalei dishes out the best authentic hawaiian food on Kauai! This family grows and processes their own poi, “kalua” roast the delicious pig, creates the laulaus for beyond delicious plate lunches. Heres where i take my guests new to Kauai and wanting to eat real luau food without the huge expense.
1) Secret “Kauapea” Kilauea, down a fairly steep and gorgeous trail, this 2 mile white sand beach is where we run, swim, surf and explore on a regular basis. The trail keeps many away, especially after a rainy night, yet those who venture are amazed. Its our local beach and we know the conditions and its best to ask to be aware of potential dangers. If in doubt, dont go out.
2) Pila’a Kilauea Always uncrowded, absolutely crystal clean water, amazing in its placement away from the hordes. Down a steep trail, we pack lunches and snorkel gear to spend the afternoon. Sometimes not a footprint is found.
3) Hideaways Princeville. perfect little setup with a huge Kamane tree for shade, clean approachable water for snorkeling and surfing, this little nugget is found by more and more as its close to the resorts even though the trail is challenging.
These are just a few of our amazing beaches and eateries…
Find out more by contacting KauaiStyleConcierge.com